CroALaBib: Croatiae auctorum Latinorum bibliographia
The Croatian neo-Latin bibliographic and prosopographic collection CroALaBib records data on 2,871 authors and 3,937 works (together with data on handwritten, printed, and digital manifestation of these works); we also have records on 584 works of secondary literature.
CroALaBib collects data on authors and persons connected with written works (addressees, sponsors, editors). For works itself, CroALaBib distinguishes the ideal "work" (which may itself consist of several lesser works) from its various manifestations (which may comprise different editions of the same text as well as its translations).
In CroALaBib we collect data on written literary works, but also on inscriptions and plays; for plays, there are records of known performances as well.
How to Use
- CroALaBib is accessible through our BaseX server on solr.ffzg.hr
- A textbook in progress is available here: Croatiae auctorum Latinorum bibliographia – an introduction
- A commented list of XQueries, also in progress, is part of the Mercurial repository: croalatransform / desc-catalog.md and croalatransform / plutonbasex / xqlist.md
- A list of authors in CroALaBib
- A list of works in CroALaBib
- A list of digital titles in CroALa recorded in CroALaBib
- Persons in CroALaBib identified as Wikidata entities
- Personal names in CroALa
- Named entities in three Neo-Latin texts, as analysed by Gorana Stepanić
- A working report of names in CroALa and in LatTy
- Generic analysis in CroALaBib (epic poetry)
- Search secondary literature on Croatian Neo-Latin
- Clausulae: verse endings in Croatian Latin poetry (from CroALa) present also in Tyrolean Latin (from LatTy)
- Authors in CroALa and in LatTy
- Word counts in CroALa and in LatTy, a comparison
- Very frequent words in CroALa
- An analysis of CroALaBib files and their tagsets
Croatian Latin Drama
Data prepared and analysed by Nina Čengić
- Croatian Latin drama ordered chronologically
- Croatian Latin drama annotated -- an index of annotations
- Classes of fictional persons in Croatian Latin drama
- CroALaBib dramata: opera docta (secondary literature on Croatian school drama in Latin)
CroALaBib is an XML data collection, queried and served through the BaseX database. Specific XQueries were prepared for our research questions. Both the XML files and the XQueries can be freely accessed and reused; a current version is published through Bitbucket, as Mercurial repositories (data, queries).
Data and XML in CroALaBib are published under a Creative Commons license CC-BY.